For project and resource managers working remotely, these four tools can improve how well they manage resources.
For most Project Portfolio Management (PPM) professionals and resource managers, capacity planning, resource allocation and management, and what-if-analysis are complex responsibilities on a good day—much less when resources are scarce and disbursed. Having the right tools can significantly lighten the burden, as well as increase efficiency and success rates.
Resource planning may have become more complicated, but good tools can do the heavy lifting and ensure your company’s resources are put to the best use in 2021. Here are four worth checking out.
Tempus Resource by ProSymmetry is a Resource Portfolio Management (RPM) solution that seeks to use resources to deliver business strategy most effectively—and can completely replace Microsoft Excel. It can work alongside other project management tools to make light work of capacity planning, resource management, and the task of running “what-if” analysis on demand and in real time. It uses an intelligent platform that breaks down complex project plans and data sets. Tempus simulations analyze data to help leaders and teams make informed decisions with minimal effort.
- Demand planning resources to plan without using named resources for early-stage forecasting
- Extensive what-if analysis to remove the need for Excel spreadsheets
- Skills matrix with customizable competency measurements and ratings
- Heatmaps for resource allocation to visually represent resource capacity
- Analytics reports to help identify any competency gaps across an entire enterprise
Contact ProSymmetry to schedule a demo and find out about pricing.
Planview PPM is a suite of tools that include role-based planning to help project and resource managers understand what resources they need and when they need them. It provides access to real-time data to quantify resource use across an entire project portfolio, whether teams are working on strategic or day-to-day projects that run the business. Planview uses predictive analytics to increase the efficiency of the planning process.
- Resource capacity and demand planning to gain insight into existing or future resource gaps
- Optimization of project resource assignments to align the highest value project and application portfolios based on existing constraints
- Portfolio scenario modeling and comparisons
- Real-time analytics to enable tracking and measuring of what matters most
Contact Planview to schedule a demo, start a free trial, or find out about pricing.
Projectmanager.com offers resource planning software that helps companies control their schedules, resources, and costs. Businesses can create detailed resource management plans, assign resources, balance team workloads, and ensure the right people and materials are available when they’re needed. Projectmanager helps keep projects on schedule without going over budget. Businesses can build resource plans and schedules into more extensive project plans and manage everything in one online platform.
- Resource and cost tracking for efficiently identifying and categorizing teams, supplies, and equipment
- Personalized team scheduling to simplify resource management plans and project schedules and manage teams in different time zones
- A color-coded workload page that makes it easier to see what is assigned to each team member and instantly spot imbalances
- A Gantt chart that helps balance workload and track resources with one tool
Three pricing tiers are available, Personal at $15/user/month, Team at $20/user/month, and Business at $25/user/month.
Wrike is a PPM suite with an added resource management tool to help companies maximize efficiency, deliver their highest-value work, and meet their goals. Teams can plan, schedule, and allocate their resources with little effort. This tool prioritizes goals, streamlines resources, optimizes performance, and aligns team goals with organizational goals—all on the go.
- Сutting-edge, ready-to-go templates to help get teams up and running faster
- Gantt chart and tables views for spotting gaps and reducing bottlenecks
- Customizable reports that help measure efficiency while improving sharing and visibility
- Time tracking and detailed timesheets
Contact Wrike to find out about resource planning pricing.